To Fell a Tree
was written for the professional tree cutter as well as the weekend woodcutter. It's loaded with practical information that is essential whether it's in the forest or the backyard. With step-by-step methods and more than 200 illustrations, topics include preparations before the tree work begins, felling a tree using a three-step procedure, felling difficult trees, and limbing and bucking the tree.
You will also learn:
- Potential work hazards
- Chainsaw safety
- Personal protective equipment
- Protecting people and property
- Making a proper notch and back cut
- Felling storm-damaged trees
- Moving limbs and logs
- Methods for splitting and stacking wood
Jeff Jepson is also the author of The Tree Climber's Companion
now in it's 2nd edition!