The PIRANA descender offers multiple braking options and can be installed on the rope without removing it from the harness.
• Three different braking positions to select from before beginning a descent
• Two supplementary braking spurs allow friction to be varied during descent
• A carabiner with a cross section of 12 mm provides a tight fit in the small hole, creating a "rigid" carabiner / descender unit
• Stays securely attached to the harness during rope insertion, to help prevent loss
• Reduces the risk of leverage on the carabiner gate due to poor positioning
• The PIRANA helps prevent the formation of a lark’s head hitch around the body and reduces rope twisting, without decreasing braking friction